Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breaking Ice

     OK, so after re-reading my last post, I decided I needed to write something cheery and upbeat :-)  Seriously, I'm not trying to hide anything; I have truly been back to my usual happy self.  Is Reece still headbanging?  Yes, some.  The cuts on his forehead from last week are finally starting to heal now, thank goodness!  The headbanging seems to be a little better; maybe not quite as violent as before.  Today, he was actually unusually calm!  Yea!!!  Always love calm days :-)  And, it helped that it got up to 60 today... woo-hoo!!

     I know I talk a lot about Reece and his autism, but, truly, there is a normal boy in there- a normal farmboy who likes to go feeding with his grandpa almost every morning.  And, what do normal boys do with their grandpa while they feed every morning?  They help, of course!  And, what does Reece do?  Well.... he does what most city-mamas would never let their little 8-year-old boys do....

HE BREAKS ICE ON A FROZEN POND!


     Yes, that really is an axe that he's using.  I know, I know.  But, he's very careful with it and does a pretty good job!  He decided on his own, early in the breaking-the-ice season that he would do this.  So, he grabbed that axe from Grandpa and took off to the pond.  On this particular day, I was along and we were actually feeding with Jeff (Grandpa had somewhere else to be), but we let him do his thing and I got some great pictures to remind me that there is so much more to Reece than just the autism :-)




By the way, here's a couple of the girls hanging out in their favorite pasture tree.







     The kids had fun in the snow, but Lindy's comment today was, "I hope it doesn't snow again for a whole year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment