Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Zzzzzzzz....................

     That is what Reece has been doing 9-11 hours a night for the last 10 nights!!!!!!!  On the Friday after my last post, a few ladies came to my house and we prayed over Reece and anointed him with oil.  God heard our prayers and answered in a most positive way!!!  We gave up on the prescription meds and I was at my wits end with his sleeping.  Earlier in the week, I started dinking around with melatonin again, but Reece still wasn't sleeping much.  After our earnest prayer session, evenings and nights have been WONDERFUL!!!  It is soooooo amazing to see God work like that so immediately and in such a way that it gave the other ladies goosebumps.  (I was just so happy to have my energy back :-)  I've been praising God nightly for this continuing miracle. 
     Overall, Reece is a happier kid during the day, but we still have our hurdles to overcome.  I feel like our discipline needs to be stepped up a notch.  I think that, too often, we let bad behavior and disobedience slide with him and blame things on "the autism."  The Lord is very clear on using spanking as a means of training for children and it seems to be the only thing that Reece understands when administered after a bad deed or behavior.  I have been doing a much better job of keeping wooden spoons (our rod of choice) around the house and using them in a very calm, concise manner.  For instance, I'll tell him (very calmly), "Reece, you disobeyed me.  I told you to put your socks on and you did not.  Now you get 2 spankings."  I'll count out the two (or whatever number we deem necessary for the offense) and then we move on.  And, you know what?  Reece complies very happily after that and life is good :-) 
     I know this isn't a very long post (normally, I'm much windier :-)  but, its 10:30 and we have the pumpkin patch awaiting us tomorrow, so I'm thinking I better head to bed. 
    I'll leave you with a parting quote from Elisa.....

"One of the things I love most about my life is killing chickens!"


Ha, ha, ha!!  That's a farmgirl for ya..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment